The Journal invites contributions for the following sections:
- Commentary: These would be short pieces on matters of contemporary relevance; must not exceed 1500 words and no more than two display items (graphs or tables) —each issue would ordinarily carry no more than two Commentaries.
- Literature Review, Thematic Survey or Essay: These would include exhaustive literature survey articles on relevant knowledge domains and their critiques; must not exceed 4000 words and no more than six display items (graphs or tables) —each issue would ordinarily carry no more than two Thematic Essay (or Literature Survey). It provides an exhaustiveaccount of relevant knowledge domains. Does not report original research.
- Research Paper: These would be contributions that address substantive research questions, contribute new insight and provide new findings in the relevant knowledge domain; must not exceed 8000 words and no more than eight display items (graphs or tables) — each issue would carry no more than five Research Papers. Must report original research.
- Conversations: These would be an exchange between at least three persons on an issue of contemporary relevance, mainly but not limited to issues of policy; must not exceed 800 words (by each discussant) and no more than two display items (graphs or tables)—each issue would carry no more than two Conversations.
- Notes from the Field: These would include recordings/writings of researchers during field work, experiential and ethnographic accounts; must not exceed 1500 words and no more than two display items (graphs or tables)—each issue would carry no more than two Notes. They are expected to capture interesting observations or insights gained from the field, that may not be included in a research paper.
- Book Review: It offers a critical evaluation of the content, quality, significance of a book. These would typically be invited (but not limited to) contributions; must not exceed 1000 words (unless multiple books are combined or in the case of edited volumes) and no more than two display items (graphs or tables)—each issue would carry no more than four Book Reviews.
- Reports: These would be synoptic coverage of conferences, workshops, seminars, meetings, symposium, for general dissemination; must not exceed 1000 words —each issue would ordinairly carry no more than two Reports.
- Special Sections: Guest Editors (ordinarily will not exceed two) will be responsible for this section. They will submit a proposal consisting of (a) a 500 word concept note, with clear indication of potential/possible research questions and spatio-temporal boundary (b) abstract of papers (250-350 words) and (c) details of all the authors and editors (name, postal and email address, and affiliation, if any).
- All the papers must be reviewed by one or both Guest Editors or reviewers identified by themselves. Journal office will not organise this.
- All the papers in its final form, must be available two months before the beginning of publication month.
- Language correction in case of non-English speaking authors needs to taken at the level of Guest Editor(s).
- No paper should be of a length less than 3500 words or more than 6000 words.
- All inclusive total word count shall not exceed 25,000 words.
- Discussion: This section will include (a) Comments on published works and (b) Responses to Comments from the Author(s), if any.OtherThis section is only for invited essays, that does not fall under the other sections